Art Gallery and Blog

Monday, April 30, 2012

Passing Through

As Andrew, Gaelle, Jordan and I crossed from the US into Canada this morning, sleepy as we all were, there was such a collective sigh of there's-no-place-like home, and then, once again, crossing from NB into NS, the mood in the car was positively giddy! We even arrived over an hour ahead of plan, even after taking "a wrong toin at AL-B-QUOIKY" and ending up touring downtown Boston, enjoying the site of centuries old Cambridge, at, like 2 am. We were all glad to get here and share a meal with our loved ones before we will hit the ground running tomorrow morning for Guayaquil. It came upon us so quickly, that Andrew and I are both pretty sure the time will fly by and we'll be home again soon, kissing the ground and cherishing the feel of our own sweet bed.

Our bed is not a place we can sleep in right now, though. It's strewn with stuff from Ohio needing to be put away and stuff for Ecuador, needing to somehow fit into our allotted suitcases. People were so generous with clothing and goodies and bags and hats that we're not sure there'll be room for those awesome, new steel-toed boots. We're thinking of just wearing them on the plane. They'll be broken in, alright.

Anyway, there's little time for reflection, and less time for writing deep things, so I shall go spend this last hour with my boys, finish packing up and preparing a few meals, pick up Jess from work, and, once the bed is cleared of yesterday, today and tomorrow, I shall sleep the sleep of one who has traveled far and yet still has so far to go. Same old same old.

"Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." ~Philippians 3:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment